You’ve probably heard the phrase “gratitude is the attitude” before. But what does it mean?
Gratitude is a feeling of appreciation, thankfulness, and contentment for all we have been given.
Expressing gratitude can be as simple as saying “thank you” when someone holds a door open for you on your way through an aisle at the grocery store. You can also show appreciation by writing gratitude journals with positive affirmations, sending thank-you messages, giving gifts, etc.
However, feeling grateful doesn’t just happen automatically. We need to be intentional about practicing gratitude and expressing it in order for the benefits to take hold. That’s where gratitude affirmations play a part.
Gratitude affirmations are a powerful tool because they help shift our mindset away from scarcity and toward abundance, which can lead to a more positive outlook on life overall.
When used as part of an affirmation practice (more on that later), they also allow us to discover more about ourselves through self-reflection and take steps towards our goals by setting intentions through mental imagery techniques, such as visualizing ourselves achieving them in the future.
Pin it for later so that you can review these gratitude affirmations at any time.
What Are Gratitude Affirmations?
Gratitude Affirmations are positive statements that will change our way of thinking and help us see all that we have to be grateful for in our life.
These are statements like: “I am so grateful for my friends and family.” or “I am so grateful for my health.” By reading these powerful gratitude affirmations out loud in the morning, we’ll be training our brains over time to think more positively throughout the day!
The Benefits Of Using Gratitude Affirmations
Gratitude encourages us to appreciate what we have and look forward to what we have yet to come in life. And gratitude affirmations can help us live a happier and more fulfilled life.
When we constantly focus on what we don’t have or dwell on negative feelings like guilt or regret, it’s easy to get into a rut that badly affects our health and well-being. It’s also hard for your mind to find peace and happiness.
However, when we concentrate on the good things in life, we feel better about ourselves, our lives, and the people around us. These positive aspects might include material stuff, emotional support from friends and family, and personal successes (like graduating college or getting married).
By using gratitude affirmations daily, you will start noticing more things going right than wrong. And this is not just an optimistic view.
How Does Gratitude Affirmations Work?
Gratitude affirmations don’t require much effort. They work effectively by simply repeating them over and over again until they become part of who you are and how you live your life.
Once this happens, you’ll start seeing opportunities where there were none before. And every time someone does something nice for you or gives you something that makes your life better, you’ll feel gratitude towards them instead of taking them for granted.
You can practice the appreciation affirmations out loud or silently say them in your mind. Either way, these statements will become ingrained into your psyche and change how you view yourself, others, and ultimately life itself!
117 Powerful Gratitude Affirmations (Law Of Attraction)
To help you cultivate the habit of gratitude, I have compiled a list of gratitude affirmations and a few tips on how to use them.
These positive statements are perfect for anyone who wants to change their mindset for the better. You can use these affirmations on your own or incorporate them into your daily routine as part of gratitude meditation.
Morning Gratitude Affirmations
1. I am grateful for all that I have in my life.
2. I am grateful for the experiences that have shaped who I am today.
3. I am grateful for how open-minded I’ve become and how easily I can adapt to new circumstances.
4. I am grateful for everything I’ve learned about myself through my experiences with others.
5. I am grateful for my health, which allows me to live my best life.
6. I am grateful for the abundance in my life because it shows me that I have everything I need to be happy.
7. I am grateful for your presence in my life.
8. I am grateful for the ability to work every day.
9. I am grateful for this day because it is full of possibility, potential, growth, and love.
10. I am grateful for the chance to start my day with abundant gratitude.
I Am Gratitude Affirmations
1. I’m grateful for the opportunities I have.
2. I’m grateful for the people who help me.
3. I am grateful for the wind blowing through my hair, caressing my skin as it passes by me.
4. I’m grateful that everything is working out so well.
5. I am grateful for the sun shining down on me today.
6. I am thankful for my car because it gets me where I need to go and gives me a place to store my groceries until I get home.
7. I am grateful for my health: mind, body, and spirit.
8. I am grateful that my heart beats with strength and efficiency throughout each day.
9. I am grateful that there is someone who loves me so much; she/he is my life partner, best friend, and soul mate.
10. I’m grateful that hard times are behind me, and good times are ahead of me.
Best Gratitude Affirmations For Wealth
1. I am grateful for the financial abundance that comes my way.
2. I am grateful that I no longer live paycheck to paycheck and can pay my bills on time.
3. I attract wealth with ease.
4. I am thankful for breaking up with bad money habits and starting a new relationship with money.
5. I am grateful to be a wealthy person, and I am thankful for this opportunity to learn more about money.
6. I am grateful that I have overcome the negative thinking that kept me in debt.
7. Money is flowing into my life faster than ever before.
9. I am grateful for my abundance of money.
10. Money is coming to me in all ways, shapes, and forms.
Powerful Gratitude Affirmations For Self-Love
1. I have the power to create a life that makes me happy, healthy, and fulfilled every day.
2. I am a loving and compassionate person.
3. I am fun to be around.
4. I am a magnet for love, happiness, and abundance.
5. With every breath I take, I am filled with gratitude for all the blessings in my life.
6. I am kind to myself in every moment so that I can be strong for others who need me.
7. I am grateful for the people in my life who have accepted me, loved me, and encouraged me to be my best self.
8. I deserve the best things that life offers me, and it is my right to receive them.
9. I appreciate myself for my hard work, creativity, and success in life.
10. I am beautiful and unique in my own way.
Positive Affirmations For Gratitude And Abundance
1. My mind is open to receiving all forms of abundance—finances, career, relationships, and health.
2. I am grateful for the abundance of opportunities and resources that are available to me.
3. I am grateful for the abundance of money that flows into my life every day, in great and small amounts.
4. My gratitude flows like a mighty river, filling me with a feeling of pure joy.
5. I am so happy that my life is full of love and abundance.
6. My abundance is limitless and constantly growing.
7. I have everything I need and more.
8. I appreciate the good things in my life.
9. I am grateful for the air I breathe and the water I drink.
10. Every time I receive money, I count my blessings and feel gratitude.
Gratitude Affirmations For Success
1. I am grateful for my ability to focus on my goals.
2. I am grateful for my ability to set and achieve goals that are important to me.
3. I am grateful for the success that has already been bestowed upon me.
4. I am grateful for all the plans, dreams, and ideas that are manifesting right now.
5. I feel good about where I am with my career; things are going great.
6. The business is growing in ways I never expected, and it’s all thanks to the hard work of myself and my team.
7. I am grateful for my job and all of its benefits, like paid time off, a 401K plan, and more.
8. I am successful in all areas of my life, including work and finances.
9. I am grateful that I am getting closer to my goals.
10. It’s incredible how much progress I’ve made so far.
Gratitude Affirmations For Health
1. I am grateful for my health because it allows me to be active every day.
2. My body is strong, healthy, and fit.
3. Every cell in my body is vibrating with energy, love, and happiness.
4. I am grateful that my body heals quickly and easily, even when injured or sick.
5. I am grateful that my eyes can see, my ears can hear, and all of my senses are working.
6. I don’t have a headache today, and it feels amazing.
7. I feel proud when I take care of myself.
Gratitude Affirmations For Family
1. I am grateful for the love and care that I receive from my family members.
2. I am grateful for my siblings and their love.
3. I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to spend time with my parents, siblings, and grandparents.
4. I am thankful for the time my family spends with me every day, showing me their affection and making sure I feel loved and valued.
5. I appreciate how patient and kind my family members are when things get tough in my life.
6. I am grateful to be part of this family.
7. I am thankful to have a supportive family who always brings out the best in me.
8. I am grateful to my aunt and uncle because they helped me out financially when I was in need of money.
9. The love of my children gives me energy when I feel low and energizes me every day with their smiles and laughter.
10. My parents have taught me so much about life; I’m thankful for their wisdom and guidance every day of my life.
Gratitude Affirmations For Friends
1. I am grateful for my friends. They are a source of joy, inspiration, and love.
2. My friends make me feel loved, accepted, and valued.
3. My friends are supportive of my goals and dreams.
4. I appreciate all of the love, laughter, and fun that my friends bring into my life.
5. My friends make me happy, and I love spending time with them.
6. I love that my friends are so different and unique; it’s what makes our friendship special.
7. I am grateful for my wonderful friend, who is always there with a hug or a kind word when I need one most of all.
8. I am grateful for all my wonderful friendships, past and present, because they have given me so much joy over the years!
9. I am grateful for the positive energy my friends bring into my life.
10. I have a great life and amazing friends who have supported me through good times and bad.
Short Gratitude Affirmations
1. Things are going well for me now.
2. I am grateful for this beautiful day.
3. I am grateful for the food on my plate.
4. I am grateful for the sun in my life.
5. I am thankful for a roof over my head.
6. I am grateful for the kindness of strangers.
7. I’m a lucky person.
8. I am surrounded by abundance.
9. It’s beautiful to be alive.
10. I am grateful for my job.
Daily Gratitude Affirmations
1. I am grateful for the opportunity to serve others.
2. I am grateful for the people in my life who support me, who love me, and whom I love.
3. I am grateful for this day and the opportunity to experience it fully with all my senses.
4. I am grateful for the opportunity to express my gratitude.
5. I am grateful for the opportunity to be alive and well.
6. I am grateful for all of my senses, which help me appreciate life in ways that others cannot know.
7. I am grateful for the people who love me, and I will embrace them and show them how much they mean to me.
8. I am grateful for the lessons I’ve learned from mistakes and failures.
9. I enjoy feeling grateful and appreciative because it helps me feel happier and more optimistic about what’s happening in my life right now.
10. I’m grateful that each moment is a new opportunity to learn and grow.
Nighttime Gratitude Affirmations
1. I am grateful for the people I have met.
2. I am grateful for the day that has passed.
3. I am grateful for the events that have taken place.
4. I am grateful for the knowledge that I have learned.
5. I am grateful for the day that’s just passed and all the good things that happened to me today.
6. I am grateful for the loving relationships that have crossed my path in life.
7. I am grateful for my cozy, warm bed.
8. I am grateful that my house is quiet and peaceful at night.
9. I am grateful for my beautiful home, which provides me with shelter and safety.
10. I am grateful for my supportive partner, who loves me for who I am.
How Do I Start Practicing Gratitude?
Now that you have a stockpile of gratitude affirmations, it’s time to put them into action. Here are a few simple steps to help you infuse more positivity into your life.
- Establish a daily routine for your gratitude affirmations. It could be the first thing in the morning or before bedtime.
Sit quietly for five minutes and focus on what you’re grateful for in this moment and any other moment that comes to mind.
- Visualize the things, people, and situations you are grateful for—especially when things get difficult or stressful.
It’s easy to get lost in negative thoughts during challenging times. But these gratitude affirmations can help bring back positive vibes so that you can stay focused on what matters most in your life instead of dwelling on negativity.
- Write a gratitude journal. You can write down 3-5 things every night before bedtime that made each day special or different than other days (e.g., I’m grateful because __________).
You could also write down five moments from each week where someone went out of their way to help another person (e.g., I’m grateful because my brother helped me move my furniture into storage today). This journaling practice allows you space away from your busy lives so you can reflect upon all those beautiful moments/people who make living worthwhile.
- Practice mindfulness by being aware of what’s happening around you and within yourself as often as possible.
Focus on being present in the moment rather than dwelling on the past negativity or future worries.
- Express your gratitude by writing thank-you notes or telling people in person.
Final Thoughts On Gratitude Affirmations
No matter what you do for a living or where you live in the world, gratitude is an essential part of being happy and prosperous.
It can take time to develop these skills, but once you’re able to see things from another person’s perspective and be grateful for everything that comes along with them (good or bad), life will get easier every day.
If you want your life to change for the better, take some time each day (or even multiple times throughout the day) to sit with yourself and think about what you’re grateful for.
Before you go, I’d like to thank you for reading this article on Gratitude Affirmations. And if you like it, share it with your friends or family members who might benefit from these powerful gratitude affirmations.